Day 5


Today I had to return a package and ship it back to the store. Usually, this is a very simple task and I can just walk into the post office and drop the package on the counter. Today, I didn’t want to come into contact with anyone, so I decided to drop the package in a big box on the side of the road that mails out packages and letters. After that, I realized I haven’t had any of the food or drinks that I usually do, and since I was out, I wanted to see if any places were open. There were none that were open except to call and pick up. I first tried Starbucks because I knew they had a drive through, but when I got there, they were closed. I assumed it was because an employee had coronavirus or that it being open was jeopardizing people’s health. I tried to look up if there were any other coffee or tea places open, and there were not. As I was driving around, I saw many black storefronts. In the lot by the Starbucks, there were empty nail salons, hair salons, restaurants, and many clothing stores. It was unlike anything I had seen before. I had heard on the news that non essential businesses were closing, but to see the dark stores and lifeless areas was still surprising. In the end, I was grateful that all of these places were closed because there was nothing to do when people left their house, so it makes it less likely for people to leave. 

Comments