Day 3

Over the past few weeks I have been spending my time vastly different. On a normal school day I wake up, go to school, do my after school planned activity for the day (sport or club), then do homework and go to bed. It was a steady routine, even if there was not that much time for creativity within my schedule. When quarantine started, I realized how much extra time I had. Everything was cancelled and after 3 pm when school ended I had nothing. I thought about what I wanted to do and I knew I had to make the most of this time. During quarantine I have been spending more time with my family. A few times a week we watch family movies, and we always eat dinner together. I also wanted to do things that I have always wanted to try but never had the time or energy to start. I stated painting and drawing. I painted on canvases and I realized that I really enjoyed it, and it calmed my nerves surrounding the virus. Whenever I would get too anxious while reading the news or thinking about the coronavirus, I would sit down and paint. Now I use it as a creative outlet. I have had a lot of free time in my schedule which is nice, but I miss being busy and seeing other people especially my friends. During the weekends, a lot of my time is spend with my friends, but now that I can’t see them, I have been focusing more on myself and my family. I think that this virus has taught me about balance, and how important that is in life. 

Comments